Events in Nara Prefecture
- MAP is linked to Google map.
- June 4, 2019
- Suijin-sai: Water god festival [Nyukawakamijinja Shrine in Higashiyoshino Village]
Many people who work of water will gather, and a festival is held to thank the God of water and pray for the development and prosperity of the business and abundance of water.
- June 9, 2019
- Kagamino-ookimi-sai: Kagamino-ookimi(a waka poet) festival [Tanzanjinja in Sakurai City]
The performances of Koto(Japanese instrument), Kyogen(traditional farce) and Kotsuzumi(small hand drum ) will be dedicated to God.
- June 16, 2019
- Sasayuri-hoken-shinji: A festival that delivers the lily to be offered before God [Omiwajinja Shrine in Sakurai City]
It is a festival that delivers Sasayuri(Lilium Makinoi), which will be dedicated to God the day before the Saikusano-matsuri(next item), from Omiwajinja Shrine to Isagawajinja Shrine.
- June 17, 2019
- Saikusano-matsuri(Commonly known as Uri-matsuri): Festival to offer lily to god [Isagawajinja Shrine in Nara City]
It is a festival that richly decorates the surroundings of a sake barrel with lily flowers and offers it to the gods with the sound of elegant ease.
- June 23, 2019
- Take-kuyo(Commonly known as Gan-fuji natsumatsuri): Memorial service for bamboo [Daianji Temple in Nara City]
A memorial service will be hold to thank bamboo which has contributed to life. A prayer will be held to prevent cancer. It is also given the sasa-zake that is believed to have the effect of preventing cancer.
- June 30, 2019
- Shinken-togyo-sai(Commonly known as Denden-sai) [Isonokami Jingu Shrine in Tenri City
The procession will proceed with slapping Japanese drums. Gesture of farming work from plowing to rice planting is performed.
- June 30, 2019
This ritual is held at many shrines such as Kasuga Taisha Shrine(Nara City), Isonokami Jingu Shrine (Tenri City), Ooyamato Shrine (Tenri City), Kashihara Jingu Shrine (Kashihara City), Ikoma Taisha Shrine(Ikoma City), and Muraya Jinja Shrine (Tahara Honcho). This a ritual to exorcise yourself evil spirits.